Mercedes Benz's SLS AMG cars are awe-inspiring. And the latest to be part of this portfolio of cars is the green electric car - Mercedes Benz SLS AMG Electric Drive. This new electric version of the SLS AMG made its debut at the recently concluded Paris Auto Show 2012. Ready to be launched in June'13, the battery version is beautiful just like the other SLS AMGs.
Some of the top features of this Electric Drive Mercedes Benz SLS AMG are:
- Top speed of 155 miles
- Acceleration: Zero to 100 kmph in 3.9 seconds
- 552 kW; maximum torque of 1000 Nm.
- Totally vibration-free engine
- Gullwing Model with a Carbon-fibre monocoque
- 3 different transmission modes: Comfort (C): comfortable; Sport (S): sporty; Sport plus (S+): sporty & agile
- Each wheel driven independently by 4 separate electric motors
- Excellent performing all-wheel drive
- Push-rod actuated coil overs (better support for the front axles)
- 60-kWh LI Battery
- Liquid Cooled Lithium Ion HV (High Voltage) Battery
- 20 Hrs Charge time
- Emission free
- Really startling, amazing blue colored body paint
- Very very good looking
- 2-seater coupe
- HUGE price tag
When it comes to Mercedes, the expectations are really high. With a long line of excellent models produced by the company, the new Electric Drive model is yet another car that tests the length and breath of auto technology.